I’m about to BLOW your mind. Well, those with iPhones will be blown away – sorry Android users! Seriously, these seven tips might be game-changers for advisors who are constantly on the go with their phones. I want to help you save time and frustration, so check out my list:
- Shake to undo. Make a mistake while typing? No worries – just give your phone a brisk shake, and it will ask you if you’d like to undo that action.
- Recharge faster. Switch your phone to airplane mode. It turns off battery-draining wireless and cellular access and allows your phone to recharge twice as fast.
- Use Siri – she does a lot more than give directions and search the Internet. Hold down the home button and say the magic words, “Read my email” and Siri will read all your messages aloud to you. If you like, you can tell her to read only your most recent email (“Read my latest email”) or just those from a specific contact (“Do I have email from Tim Ash?”). You can also teach her how to say certain words. If she mispronounces something, just tell her, “That’s not how you pronounce ______” and she’ll offer you alternatives. I love this feature for long drives when I don’t want to take my eyes off the road, but I know a new email has come in that I may be waiting on.
- Time stamps. Are you wondering what time a past text message came in? Simply grab the text bubble and slide it to the left to see a timestamp behind it.
- Start a new sentence. When you’re typing and you need to start a new sentence, just double-tap the spacebar, and it will automatically add a period and a space for you.
- Detailed calendar. If you turn your phone sideways, you will get the detailed version of your calendar.
- Access email drafts. Next time you’re in the mail app, hold down the compose icon and it’ll jump to your drafts.
This is a small sampling of some of the cool features on your iPhone. As always, we are here to support you. Please contact us if you have any questions. We are excited to help you stay connected!